Hello everyone. I’m no longer a writer at Leaguepedia so I’m going to be spending some more time writing on this page, I am however still working with Leaguepedia on another project which will be revealed soon. I also have a Youtube project in the making. The final piece of trivial information is that I’m looking for a logo for this blog, if you have a suggestion, tweet at me – @howspiffing
So yeah, it’s Sunday evening and I have nothing much else to do so I decided to create my own ARAM tier list. You can agree with me or not, but this is my own opinion and I will try to explain some of my decisions.
Tier 1 ( Really Good )
Janna, Jayce, Lux, Master Yi, Nidalee, orianna, Twisted Fate.
– All of these champions have either spammable AOE spells, or an ult that wins a fight when clustered. Champions like Janna, Master Yi, Orianna and TF can push non stop if you start with a mana regen item. While champions like Jayce, Lux and Nidalee can poke enemy champions all day long.
Tier 2 ( Good )
Ahri, Anivia, Caitlyn, Fiddlesticks, Gragas, Karthus, Kayle, Lissandra, Kennen, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Ryze, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Syndra, Taric, Twitch, Varus, Veigar, Xerath, Zac, Zed, Ziggs, Zyra.
– most champions in this section have decent sustained AOE damage. Some on here have game changing ults but the rest of their kit isn’t good enough to put them in tier 1. Another key is survivability, and most champions in this tier have some form of escape or CC to stop enemies from catching them
Tier 3 ( Meh )
Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Brand, Cassiopeia, Corki, Diana, Elise, Evelynn, Ezreal, Galio, Graves, Hecarim, Jax, Karma, Katarina, Kog’Maw, Leona, Lulu, Morgana, Nami, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Sejuani, Swain, Thresh, Tristana, Vayne, Vladimir, Wukong, Yorick, Zilean.
– This is obviously going to be the biggest tier. The majority of the champions in this tier have 1 or 2 good abilities, but also have some parts of their kit that doesn’t transition well into ARAM. An example would be veigar, who does well if he can land his stun, if not he will get obliterated in seconds.
Tier 4 ( bad )
Akali, Cho Gath, Darius, Dr Mundo, Draven, Fizz, GangPlank, Heimerdinger, Jarvan IV, Kassadin, Kha Zix, LeBlanc, malphite, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Nautilus, Nunu, Olaf, Poppy, Quinn, Rammus, Singed, Sion, Talon, Teemo, Trundle, Tryndamere, Udyr, Urgot, Vi, Viktor, Volibear, Warwick, Xin Zhao.
– You might notice that a lot of these champions are actually pretty good on Summoners Rift, their kit just does not translate onto the Howling Abyss. The close 5v5 fighting does not suit these champions. Not to say it is impossible to carry with them, it is just a lot harder.
Tier 5 ( very bad )
Fiora, Garen, Irelia, Nasus, Nocturne, Pantheon, rengar, Shaco, Shen, Shyvana, Skarner.
– The champions in this tier generally find it difficult to impact the ARAM unless played extremely well. They may have 1 ability that transfers into the ARAM environment well, but the rest of their kit is fairly useless.
Comment, or tweet at me if you disagree with my choices. remember this is a personal opinion so don’t bash me too hard 😀